Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Expiration Date...

I had a conversation a few weeks ago that really got me thinking, "How would my life be different if I knew my "expiration date"? Yes, in Jesus Christ I have eternal life, but this body is not a "non-perishable" and will one day "expire". Being a twenty-something, I don't usually think of death as something that can happen soon, but how if it did? Would I be pleased with what I accomplished with my life? Would there be anything left in me to give?

Now, I am a single woman who happens to be lactose intolerant, but I still enjoy milk in my cereal, oatmeal, and it is a needed ingredient in my peach cobbler :-D (This may seem like random and unnecessary information, but just follow for a bit). Anyway, I have been buying small cartons of milk with the intention that I will use it all before the expiration date, but more times than not the end result is me wasting milk and money, because I rarely am able to finish even a small carton in the time allotted before the expiration date. As the expiration date approaches, I start eating bowls of cereal for breakfast and dinner, and trying to find the time to bake or do SOMETHING that requires milk, so that it is ALL USED UP by the expiration date.

As of today, I want to begin to live my life this way: I want everything to be ALL USED UP by my expiration date, whenever that may be. Honestly, I don't think I have even opened the "carton" of my life yet! There is SOOOO much that I need and want to do before this body expires!

Some of the things I want to do on the earth before this body expires are:
  • I want to BOLDLY preach the gospel of Jesus Christ around the world.
  • I want to raise someone from the dead, well I want GOD to raise someone from the dead through me
  • I want to heal the sick in Jesus' name
  • I want to open a soup kitchen in Baltimore
  • I want to be a philanthropist and give money to the poor
John 9:4 - We must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent us. The night is coming, and then no one can work. (NLT)

Ecclesiastes 9:10 - Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom. (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment